Fired at heats exceeding 1200°C, our Stoneware is naturally heat and shatter resistant, microwave safe and suitable for the dishwasher and the freezer.
However, be aware of:
Oven use: Because stoneware is a fragile material, we advise extra caution as we offer no guarantee. Check out our Use & Care
- Quick and extreme changes in temperature could cause thermal shock causing your stoneware to crack.
- Do not preheat stoneware and do not place wet stoneware in the oven.
- Do not use on the grill
- Do not place dense, frozen food items on Stoneware.
- Do not place hot stoneware directly on a cold surface as it may cause cracks, use trivet or a towel and let it cool down to avoid such cracks.
- The use of sharp utensils may leave marks (especially on a matte finish). A few options can help you remove them; rub your dishes using a good scrubber with baking soda, cream of tartare or a scouring powder (Bar Keepers Friend) with water.
- Our products are handmade by ceramists, one at the time. As such, they're all unique in their own ways and you might spot a small finger print on the base, or the imprint of the grid onto which they were placed when fired. Please note that these are the mark of true craftsmanship.
- Packaging marks may be spotted on matte finish. They can be taken off using a wet towel with some vinegar. Those don't make the product damaged.